This post is also available in: Español (Spanish) Français (French) Deutsch (German)
Welcome to Part 2 of the interactive lecture on Groundwater Dams in Arid and Semi-arid Areas by Josep de Trincheria. This part is directed towards the two main types of groundwater dams: subsurface and sand storage dams. The following key questions will be answered in this lecture:
- What needs to be considered before planning a groundwater dam?
- What is a subsurface dam?
- What is a sand storage dam?
- What are the main disadvantages and advantages of groundwater dams?
- What are the cost-efficiency factors of groundwater dams?
Therefore, this lecture delves further into the different types of groundwater dams and their characteristics.
At the end of all lecture parts, you can test your knowledge in the lecture quiz.